The NCUA's staff draft budget for 2024–2025 is now available on the agency's website for review and comment (opens new window). The draft budget has also been submitted for publication in the Federal Register, and the comment period is open until November 21.
The proposed combined 2024 budget is $394.5 million, or 9.5 percent higher than the 2023 budget. The proposed operating budget is $382.1 million, which is 11 percent higher than in 2023. The proposed 2024 capital budget is $7.3 million, or 35.6 percent lower than in 2023. The proposed Share Insurance Fund administrative budget is $5.1 million, or 3.6 percent higher than in 2023. The proposed budget summary and detailed budget justifications can be found on the Budget and Supplementary Materials page on NCUA.gov.
The agency will hold a public budget briefing at its Central Office Thursday, November 16, beginning at 2 p.m. Eastern. The meeting will be livestreamed on NCUA.gov.
To comment on the proposed budget:
- Submit comments on Docket # NCUA-2023-0117 at the Federal eRulemaking Portal (opens new window) (You will be leaving NCUA.gov and accessing a non-NCUA website. We encourage you to read the NCUA's exit link policies. (opens new page).) by November 21.
- Comments should provide specific, actionable recommendations.
To request to present at the November 16 budget briefing:
- Email your request to BudgetBriefing@ncua.gov by November 8.
- Include the presenter's name, title, affiliation, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- The Board Secretary will notify approved presenters and give them their allotted presentation times.
- Email a copy of your presentation to BudgetBriefing@ncua.gov by 9 a.m. Eastern on November 13.
The Board is scheduled to approve a final budget at its December 14 open meeting.