In recognition of National Hispanic Heritage Month, NCUA’s Office of Consumer Financial Protection and Hispanic Employee Resource Group, CULTURA, are hosting a virtual roundtable on October 6, 2022, from 1:00 to 2:15 p.m. EST.
The roundtable will bring together leaders within the credit union industry for a moderated discussion on advancing safe, fair, and affordable financial access and empowering Hispanic consumers, particularly the unbanked or underserved. The event will be moderated by Tammie Corbin, OCFP’s Financial Literacy and Outreach Analyst.
Ms. Catherine Galicia, NCUA’s Chief of Staff, will deliver opening comments. Panelists include:
- Maria Martinez, President & CEO, Border Federal Credit Union, Del Rio, Texas
- Ynette Gibbs, President & CEO, Newrizons Federal Credit Union, Hoquiam, Wash.
- Max Villaronga, President & CEO, Raiz Federal Credit Union, El Paso, Texas
- Luis Pastor, President & CEO, Latino Community Credit Union, Raleigh, N.C.
- Damian Alarcon-Young, Corporate Relations Manager, Travis Credit Union, Vacaville, Calif.
Registration (opens new window) (You will be leaving NCUA.gov and accessing a non-NCUA website. We encourage you to read the NCUA's exit link policies. (opens new page).) for the How Credit Unions Empower Hispanic Consumers and Communities virtual roundtable is now open. Participants can log into the roundtable and view it on computers or mobile devices using the registration link. Allow pop-ups from this website.
Participants can submit questions during the presentation or in advance by emailing WebinarQuestions@ncua.gov. The email’s subject line should read, “National Hispanic Heritage Month Roundtable.” Please email technical questions about accessing the webinar to email@example.com.
This webinar will be closed captioned and archived online approximately three weeks following the live event.