In recognition of Black History Month, the National Credit Union Administration is hosting a webinar titled “Closing the Wealth Gap: A Conversation on Black Wealth and Increasing Financial Equity” on Thursday, February 23.
This event will bring together credit union leaders, federal government officials, and financial education stakeholders for a virtual discussion that aims to:
- Inform credit unions about the historical and systemic challenges that impact African American financial mobility,
- Raise awareness about the importance of advancing financial inclusion, and
- Provide resources and share best practices to engage with African American consumers better.
Panelists taking part in the webinar include:
- Malcolm Rene, President and CEO, Priority Trust Credit Union
- Whitney Anderson-Harrell, President and CEO, Elements Financial
- Samantha Ondrade, Trial Attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Housing and Civil Enforcement Section
- Ashley Harrington, Senior Advisor to the Chief Operating Officer at the Department of Education’s Office of Federal Student Aid
- Eric Kaplan, President, Financial Literacy for All, and EVP for Operation Hope
Credit unions can receive announcements about webinars and other NCUA activities and resources through NCUA Express messages. You can subscribe to this service here.