Agency Now Accepting Comments and Budget Briefing Presentation Requests
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Oct. 29, 2019) – The National Credit Union Administration’s proposed 2020–2021 budget is now available for review and comment.
“Careful stewardship of the resources credit unions make available to us includes being transparent and accountable,” NCUA Board Chairman Rodney E. Hood said. “We strive to make credit union stakeholders aware of how and why we allocate those resources and that they are in the service of our mission to provide, through effective, not excessive, regulation, a safe-and-sound system of cooperative credit. Final budget decisions remain with the Board, and we want those decisions to be informed by public comments. We hope stakeholders review this information and offer specific suggestions on our proposed budget.”
The proposed 2020 operating budget is $316.2 million and includes an increase of three positions from the authorized 2019 staffing levels. The proposed budget summary and detailed budget justification (opens new window) are available on the Budget and Supplementary Materials page of NCUA.gov. The agency will also publish the proposal in the Federal Register. The public comment period is open until Dec. 2.
The agency will hold a public budget briefing on Nov. 20, beginning at 10 a.m. Eastern, at its Central Office in Alexandria, Va. The briefing will be livestreamed on NCUA.gov. Attendees will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 9 a.m. Eastern. An overflow room will be available.
To Comment on the Proposed Budget:
- Email comments to BudgetComments@ncua.gov by Dec. 2.
- Comments should provide specific, actionable recommendations.
To Request a Presentation at the Nov. 20 Budget Briefing:
- Email your request to BudgetBriefing@ncua.gov by Nov. 12.
- Include the presenter’s name, title, affiliation, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- The Board Secretary will notify approved presenters and give them their allotted presentation times.
- Email a copy of your presentation to BudgetBriefing@ncua.gov by 5 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 18.
The Board is scheduled to approve a final budget at its Dec. 12 open meeting.