Agency Accepting Comments and Budget Briefing Presentation Requests
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Nov. 17, 2021) – The National Credit Union Administration’s draft staff budget for 2022–2023 is now available on the agency’s website for review and comment. The draft budget has also been submitted for publication in the Federal Register, and the comment period is open until Dec. 9.
The proposed combined 2022 budget is $345.3 million, or 1.2 percent higher than the 2021 budget. The proposed operating budget is $326.6 million, which is 3.6 percent higher than in 2021. The proposed 2022 capital budget is $13.1 million, or 30.7 percent lower than in 2021. The proposed Share Insurance Fund administrative budget is $6.2 million, or 21.7 percent lower than in 2021. The proposed budget summary and detailed budget justifications can be found on the Budget and Supplementary Materials page (opens new window) on NCUA.gov.
The agency will hold a public budget briefing on Wednesday, Dec. 8, beginning at 2 p.m. Eastern. The meeting will be livestreamed on NCUA.gov.
To Comment on the Proposed Budget:
- Submit comments on Docket # NCUA-2021-0149 (opens new window) at the Federal eRulemaking Portal (opens new window) by Dec. 9.
- Comments should provide specific, actionable recommendations.
To Request a Presentation at the Dec. 8 Budget Briefing:
- Email your request to BudgetBriefing@ncua.gov by Nov. 30.
- Include the presenter’s name, title, affiliation, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- The Board Secretary will notify approved presenters and give them their allotted presentation times.
- Email a copy of your presentation to BudgetBriefing@ncua.gov by 5 p.m. Eastern on Dec. 3.
The Board is scheduled to approve a final budget at its Dec. 16 open meeting.