Agency Accepting Comments and Budget Briefing Presentation Requests
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Sept. 29, 2022) – The National Credit Union Administration’s staff draft budget for 2023–2024 is now available on the agency’s website for review and comment. The staff draft budget has also been submitted for publication in the Federal Register, and the comment period is open until October 28, 2022.
The proposed combined 2023 staff draft budget is $367.0 million, or 8.1 percent higher than the 2022 budget. The proposed operating budget is $350.8 million, which is 9.6 percent higher than in 2022. The proposed 2023 capital budget is $11.2 million, or 14.1 percent lower than in 2022. The proposed Share Insurance Fund administrative budget is $4.9 million, or 21.5 percent lower than in 2022. The proposed budget summary and detailed budget justifications can be found on the Budget and Supplementary Materials page (opens new window) on NCUA.gov.
The agency will hold a public budget briefing at its Central Office on Wednesday, October 19, 2022, beginning at 10 a.m. Eastern. The meeting will be livestreamed on NCUA.gov.
To Comment on the Proposed Budget:
- Submit comments on Docket # NCUA-2022-0145 at the Federal eRulemaking Portal (opens new window) by October 28, 2022.
- Comments should provide specific, actionable recommendations.
To Request an In-Person Presentation at the October 19 Budget Briefing:
- Email your request to BudgetBriefing@ncua.gov by October 12, 2022.
- Include the presenter’s name, title, affiliation, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- The Board Secretary will notify approved presenters and give them their allotted presentation times.
For those approved to present at the budget briefing, written statements and presentations must be sent to BudgetBriefing@ncua.gov by 5 p.m. Eastern on October 14, 2022. In addition to delivering remarks at the budget briefing, registered presenters will have the opportunity to pose questions about the budget to NCUA staff.
The Board will consider a final budget at an open meeting later this year.