Dear Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer:
In May 2012, the NCUA Board adopted a final troubled-debt restructuring (TDR) rule and loan-workout guidance that eased requirements for modified and TDR loans.
We are making several changes to the March 2013 Call Report and Profile. The most significant changes are bulleted on the following page:
- Delinquency, Charge-off, and Recoveries Reporting – We separated new and used vehicle loans from other loans. We also added fields for member and nonmember business-loan delinquency to match the business-loan categories on Schedule A, Section 4: Business Lending. The proposed categories include:
- member business loans secured by real estate
- member business loans not secured by real estate
- nonmember business loans secured by real estate and
- nonmember business loans not secured by real estate
Finally, we added fields to capture information on loans held for sale.
Unfunded Commitments – We added categories for unfunded commitments for the same business-loan categories identified above.
Purchased Credit Impaired Loans – We added a new section to Schedule A to capture the number of loans outstanding, contractual balance outstanding, nonaccretable balance outstanding, accretable yield outstanding, carrying value of loans, and loans charged off against valuation adjustment account year-to-date by various loan categories.
Investments – We added fields to Schedule B to collect the book value and fair market value of investments used to fund employee benefit plans.
Profile Regulatory – We revised the diversity questions to clarify reporting and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filing requirements.
Profile Programs and Services – We added several fields to collect types of remittance transfer services offered by the credit union to include international ACH transactions, low-cost wire transfers, and proprietary remittance transfers.
- Profile Grant Information – We added grant categories and a field to collect the type of grant received. This section of the Profile will be mandatory for all credit unions that receive grant funds starting with the March 2013 Call Report cycle.
June 2013 Call Report Cycle
Effective June 2013, we are revising the delinquent loan schedules on pages 7 and 8. Specifically, we clarified reporting requirements by changing delinquency categories from “months” to “days.”
|Current Categories||June 2013 Delinquency Categories|
|1 to <2 months||30 – 59 days|
|2 to <6 months||60 – 179 days|
|6 to <12 months||180 – 359 days|
|12 months and over||>= 360 days|
/ s /
1The changes are subject to approval by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You can email comments to NCUA at OCIOMail@NCUA.gov or mail comments to the OMB Reviewer at the Office of Management and Budget, Attn: Desk Officer for the National Credit Union Administration, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Washington, DC 20503. You can view the Federal Register notice at www.OFR.gov (opens new window)
(You will be leaving NCUA.gov and accessing a non-NCUA website.
We encourage you to read the NCUA's
exit link policies. (opens new page).)